Media Alert - City of Sugar Land Recognition to 14 Year old 9-1-1 Kid Hero for Lifesaving EffortsMar 19th, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 19, 2019
Contact: Sonya L. Clauson, Greater Harris County 9-1-1, PIO
832-237-9911 or 713-806-9495 (cell)
CITY OF SUGAR LAND PRESENTS PROCLAMATION
RECOGNITION TO 14 YEAR-OLD 9-1-1 KID HERO FOR LIFESAVING EFFORTS
• Ben Davis, a 14 year-old boy will be honored by City of Sugar Land, Sugar Land Public Safety Dispatch and Greater Harris County 9-1-1 Emergency Network for his quick thinking, lifesaving efforts to help an elderly neighbor who had fallen and was unable to move for several hours.
• On July 2, 2018, 13 year-old Ben Davis heard faint cries and discovered that his 87 year-old neighbor had fallen and broken her leg and was lying in the 90 degree weather, he assisted her in contacting 9-1-1, and stayed with her until emergency responders arrived.
• Ben was recently awarded the Boy Scouts National Meritorious Action Award for Lifesaving
• Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM
• Sugar Land City Hall Council Chambers
2700 Town Center Blvd South, Sugar Land Texas
Photo, Interview Opportunities –
• 9-1-1 Kid Hero Ben Davis, his parents, and the neighbor’s grateful family will be available for interviews after the City Council presentation.